WHICH SERVICE DO YOU NEED?
LGB LOCOMOTIVE REPAIRS
Labor prices are $50 - $100 depending on the complexity and time to repair your locomotive, plus price of parts used for the repair. LGB Motor Replacement: $55 short or long shaft motor plus $50 labor.
CONVERT DC LOCO TO DCC/DC POWER
Labor prices are $75 - $150 depending upon the complexity and time to install in your locomotive, plus decoder/parts costs. Power decoders installed are Massoth and ESU.
CONVERT DC OR DCC LOCO TO DCC/DC SOUND SYSTEM
Labor prices are $75 to $175 depending on the complexity and time to install, plus decoder/parts. Sound decoders installed are Massoth, ESU, Phoenix, Piko and Soundtraxx.
Before installing a DCC decoder, your locomotive will be bench tested, and the motor block opened to inspect the gears and axles, to identify any electrical or mechanical issues. You will be notified if any critical repairs are needed including the estimated parts and labor, e.g., replacing broken or very worn carbon brushes. New gear grease will be added to the motor block and the wheels and axles oiled at no additional charge.
LGB Locomotives: One of these Symbols indicates the "D" type 4 - Pin Motor Block is DCC Decoder "Ready" or has an "On-board" Decoder Installed
The average total cost parts and labor for a DCC/DC Sound/Power decoder installation is $300 - $500 depending upon accessory devices installed, e.g., Massoth volume control board, sound activation trigger, LED headlight/taillight, pulsed smoke unit, etc. Your LGB locomotive must have a "D" motor block (4-pin), marked on the bottom, to install a DCC decoder; conversion of an older LGB 3-pin motor block to 4-pin capable motor block is $25 per motor block.
Seller's Workmanship 12 Months Quality Guarantee: Applies for any repair or installation service listed that we perform for you. The workmanship of the repair or installation of a sound system and/or DC/DCC power decoder system is guaranteed to be free of defects for 12 months, the labor to repair is free. If the electronic decoder or sound board fails during this period, the manufacturer's warranty, if any, might cover the replacement cost. If the manufacturer will not replace the component, the buyer must pay us for the replacement unit. Shipping charges to send your locomotive to us and the shipping charges to return the locomotive back to you are the customer's responsibility. For Locomotives sold through this Website, read the seller's one year quality guarantee listed for each specific item. All Sales Final - No Returns.
Customer feedback statements
1. July 2020: Installation of a Massoth XLS DCC Sound Decoder into a customer's LGB 21761 Euro Steamer: "“Love it, works great.......I'm very, very happy!”
2. June 2020: "I made it over to your website. Very cool place. I looked all over your site and really like it. I thumbed through all of your services and sound parts for sale."
" 3. Hi Tom. Thanks so very, very much for upgrading the sound in my LGB 23192 Mogul. It's a heck of a lot better than what was originally installed.”
4. "First, the new [LGB] Alco has become my wife's favorite, and as someone myself who has retrofitted my share of LGB locos with decoders, I am
extremely impressed not only with the job you did with the physical install, but the programming and operation is amazing.....well done!""
5. "Hi Tom the locomotive arrived yesterday afternoon. Thank you so much for having my sound system checked . Also thank you for keeping my trains up and running. Out of all the repair shops I’ve been to I find your service the most reliable. Some of the other repair shops I’ve been to take about a year and half just to install a sound system
6. "The service I received from Tom was of the highest quality and exceeded my expectations. I appreciated the attention to detail he took in the process of installing a DCC unit to one of my G Scale engines and then taking the time to sit down with me and demonstrate the functions of the DCC unit. I did not feel like I was just another customer to him, but rather a fellow G Scale enthusiast. I have several more G Scale engines I need to have DCC units installed in, and Tom is the only person I would have do the work."
Video - Converted LGB Alco Diesel Locomotive to Massoth XLS DCC/DC Sound/Power Decoder
Mogul Motor Block Conversion 3-pin to 4-pin
Weights sprayed for corrosion protection
Video - Converted LGB Chloe Steam Locomotive to Soundtraxx Tsunami2 DCC/DC Sound/Power Decoder
Video - Massoth Pulsed Smoker